Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Tuesday, September 23, 2014
DAQRI Education Office Hours RSVP
September 30th 1pm EST
October 23rd 3pm EST
We are also excited to announce the 1st DAQRI Education Tweet Up! It will take place on Thursday, October 23rd starting at 6pm in Brighton, Michigan. We are still finalizing the location but will let everyone know as soon as we can. This great event will be open to everyone who wants to learning about 4D in education, share their experiences, meet and collaborate with like minded educators, have fun and maybe even win some prizes! We will also be using the #LearnIn4D during the Tweet Up for back channel conversation. In the future we will host Tweet Ups around the country at different conferences or locations we are at. Click the link below to rsvp:
DAQRI Education Tweet Up RSVP
October 23rd 6pm EST in Brighton, Michigan
Monday, September 22, 2014
Join us tonight as we welcome a very special guest Brian Wassom. Brian's blog Wassom.com features the column Augmented Legality(R), which is the the first regular publication on the law of augmented reality. We will discuss how he believes augmented reality's can impact all students including students with disabilities.
|Tonight's special guest, Brian Wassom.|
His book Augmented Reality Law, Privacy, and Ethics that will be published in late 2014 by Elsevier. He speaks regularly to business, legal and student groups about best practices and legal principles in social, augmented and other digital media.
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
WE'RE BACK! We are so excited to get The Two Guys Show back up and running following a crazy busy summer schedule including some major life changes! We will start back tomorrow Thursday, September 18th, at 8:00pm EST. We have A LOT to discuss and we're excited to interview and share the stories or some many great educators! RSVP HERE
Tuesday, August 26, 2014
Creating augmented reality has never been so easy until now! DAQRI 4D Studio gives educators and students the ability to easily create experiences and instantly publish them to share with the world. As our friend Katie Ann said during her augmented reality presentation at Podstock this year, "If you can copy and paste, and drag and drop, then you can create augmented reality." Each experience created and published by in 4D Studio for Education can be viewed using the target image and free DAQRI application.
|scan to download the DAQRI iOS app|
Apply for a FREE 4D Studio for Education account HERE
Sign up for a LIVE 4D Studio Webinar with Us HERE
Download the DAQRI application
DAQRI 4D Studio Tutorial- How to apply for a FREE 4D Studio for Education account
DAQRI 4D Studio Tutorial- 4D Studio Overview and Features
DAQRI 4D Studio Tutorial- How to upload a target
DAQRI 4D Studio Tutorial- Overview of 4D Studio Designer
DAQRI 4D Studio Tutorial- How to use Launch Buttons
DAQRI 4D Studio Tutorial- How to add a YouTube and Vimeo Experience
DAQRI 4D Studio Tutorial- How add a 3D model experience using 4D Preview
Monday, August 25, 2014
1. Pick a flat surface and place 2-4 solid objects around the 4D Fairy Tale target.(Pictured below)
2. Open Enchantium app, press "Enter 4D" in the main menu, scan the 4D Fairy Tale target, then press "Tap to Start"
3. Scan the 4D Fairy Tale target again to activate the spellbinding experience. (Looks like fairy dust) You are able to begin the story once two objects have been detected but increasing to four objects makes the experience even more engaging! (Blue swirl will appear on objects that have been detected.)
4. Once you hit “begin” the objects turn into different elements of the Fairy Tale.
5. You can create the environment using the four terrain options in the bottom left corner.
6. Tap the trees to discover the magical pouch. Touch the magical pouch to bring the Fairy Tale to life. Tap the stones to help discover the key and complete the stage.
|Fairytale target image|
Once you have completed the fairytale experience, move your objects to a different location around the target and start again. This will create a whole new magical experience.
Wednesday, August 13, 2014
Brad and I have submitted a proposal to share the power of augmented reality in education at SXSWedu 2015 and we need your help! Sessions are selected based on public voting (30%), the advisory board (40%) and staff (30%) so we need as many votes as possible.
|image from www.sxswedu.com|
Bring learning to life in your classroom using augmented reality (AR)! This session will teach participants how to create their own, personalized AR experiences and apps using DAQRI’s own creative tool, 4D Studio, an easy-to-use open platform that allows anyone to create in 4D. We will discuss meaningful ways to integrate AR in classrooms, schools and communities, enhancing learning and understanding. This hands-on workshop will leave you empowered to bring a whole new dimension to ideas.
- Empower teachers, administrators and students to use augmented reality to design, enhance, and create powerful learning experiences.
- Provide the basic knowledge and skillset to create and integrate meaningful augmented reality experiences in the classroom, school, and community.
- Highlight the way educators and students are using augmented reality to comprehend learning complex concepts, and emphasize how AR helps people better retain information.
Thank you for all your support!
-Drew and Brad